Medical insurance is a great opportunity to enjoy high-quality health care
Either you have some chronic pain or just suffer from insomnia, have a cold or some more serious health problem, you will be able to benefit from having medical insurance. After getting insurance, you are going to receive professional medical care from the first class experts ready to give you a helping hand when you need it most. Wide range of top-notch services is at your disposal anytime you face a health problem.
What kind of help is offered to those who have medical insurance?
Medical insurance allows you to use the following healthcare services:
- out-patient-polyclinic help, that is, primary health care and consultative-diagnostic in case of having patient referral given by medical specialists;
- inpatient medical care given after the doctor or medical organization’s decision (in conditions that provide round-the-clock medical supervision and treatment);
- hospital-substituting help, which is a form of rendering medical care in wards (rooms) of day stay in a hospital;
- high-tech medical services that require the use of the latest technologies for diagnosis, treatment and medical rehabilitation. The list of them is determined by the authorized body;
- provision of medicines in the provision of: - outpatient care - in accordance with the list of medicinal products and specialized medical products approved by the authorized body for free and (or) privileged provision of certain categories of citizens with certain diseases (conditions);
- inpatient care - in accordance with approved medical organizations and medical forms approved in accordance with the established procedure by the authorized body.
Systems of medical insurance for people with different needs:
There are many insurance systems aimed at providing with the necessary medical services everyone in need. According to various needs, the most popular systems of medical insurance are the following:
- System of medical insurance Medicaid: this type of insurance protects the rights of the poor since 1965. To register in this program, a person must collect documents confirming a low level of income, and also fill a number of papers. The system provides medical care to large families and disabled people. The list of services covered by Medicaid includes doctors' consultations, hospital stay, vaccinations, prescription drugs, preventive care for children, long-term care, and others.
- System of medical insurance Medicare: Medicare is a special federal health insurance program for people over 65 and for those who suffer from end-stage renal failure, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. There is also a Medicare Advantage insurance plan, which costs participants approximately 12% more than traditional Medicare. This system provides many more treatment options. Another type - Medicare Part D, allows participants to receive medication prescribed by a doctor on preferential terms.
- The State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP): this is a joint US state and federal government program that provides insurance for children from families who earn too much to add to Medicaid, but not enough to purchase private insurance. SCHIP programs govern each state in accordance with the requirements set by the Medicare Centers and Medicaid Services (CMS). Within this framework, SCHIP can be an independent insurance program for children, or may be part of the Medicaid program.
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, or PCIP: Today there is an insurance plan for people with "high risk". To be insured by this system, you do not need to have any insurance for 6 months, have a disease and get a refusal from a private insurance company.