UnityPoint Health - Trinity
802 Kenyon Road
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
The DAISY Award
Did you have great nurse who exemplified caring and excellence when you visited UnityPoint Health - Trinity Regional Medical Center? Do you feel they are worthy of receiving a distinguishable award?
If yes, then please tell us about that experience and nominate that nurse today for the DAISY Award. The DAISY Award honors not only great clinical skill and leadership but also strong patient care and compassion.
Nominate your nurse today.
A DAISY Award recipient should have the following qualities and attributes:
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment.
- Gives extraordinary care to patients and families through trust, respect and emotional support.
- Is an excellent educator to patients and families with a focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Acts as a role model to the nursing profession.
- Has great interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers.
- Works well with physicians and all members of the health care team to meet patient and family needs.
About the DAISY Award
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System Foundation. The DAISY Foundation was formed in January, 2000, by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died at age 33 of complications of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP), an auto-immune disease.
J. Patrick Barnes' family wanted do something in his memory. They recalled the skillful and compassionate care Patrick received from his nurses during his eight-week hospitalization. They wanted to say "thank you" to nurses everywhere by establishing a recognition program to honor the super-human work nurses do every day at the bedside": The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses.